I did accomplish one thing I wanted to do today. I finished John’s recycled socks! Now, I can concentrate on the Metalouse shawl.
Done, done, and done! The details? I used 4-ply Patons Kroy on 2.5 mm dpns. The original sock was knitted on 60 stitches; I cut off the foot, picked up the stitches and worked my way back down the foot. As a result, John doesn’t have any extra socks to wear but I did give a pair of worn out socks a new lease on life. These would be the perfect wedding socks… “something old, something new”. I know, I’m getting silly. Almost time for bed!
Before I head for bed, though, I do have another small project to share with you. I must tell you in advance, though, I really don’t like hand sewing!
This is a thread holder, especially for those times you’re doing some sewing (with your sewing machine!) and you need a place to toss all those little bits of thread (the spools are in there only for photography purposes; they’re not being disposed of) that accumulate. The final seams, the ones that look so messy, really should have been hand sewn. I did 3/4 of one seam and was thoroughly frustrated so I did the rest by machine.
It is kind of cute, though. And it’s another finished item!
Yup, I’ve become a little obsessed with my sewing machine. Is this a bad thing?? The fabric I blogged about yesterday has been cut up and turned into a few little things.
The snappy bag with a zippered pouch turned out even better than I’d anticipated! I am REALLY happy with this little bag! The only thing I could critique was that the zipper pull was a little small, but making a beaded pull solved that little problem.
These were some beads from my stash; I probably didn’t make it the way it “should” be made but it works and I think it accents the bag nicely. Once I had the bag done, I did some online browsing and found another simple little project that I think will come in handy.
I have… oh… four or five pairs of reading glasses. Between here and work, I have glasses handy just about everywhere. None of them have cases, though (well, except for my new sunglasses). This glasses cover, and the sunglasses cover below were both made using the tutorial I found over at Mommy’s Nap Time and both came together in less than an hour. It’s an easy pattern to customize, depending on the size of your glasses.
I may be making a couple more of these and may even customize one for my iPod Touch. I can honestly say I’m having a lot of fun but I have got to get some knitting done.
And then there’s the sourdough bread that won’t bake itself…. *sigh*