Just a quick, short post today. Yesterday, being November 11, I spent the day indoors, working on the Fish Lips Kiss socks for Ethan (in addition to some laundry, dishes, and general tidying around here while John was at work). Progress was definitely made. All I need now is one of Ethan’s feet so I can see how it fits him.
This was taken around lunch time, after I’d started and frogged the toe three or four times I wasn’t happy with how it was coming out. For this one, I used the toe pattern suggested by the Sox Therapist on her Ravelry page. For the cast on, I used Judy’s Magic Cast On, which I like quite well. As you can see, I’m knitting a very plain, “vanilla” pair this time, stocking stitch for the entire foot and knit/purl ribbing up the leg.
I took this around dinner time, just after I’d finished the heel but not the one inch of stocking stitch above the heel. As of bedtime last night, I’d finished about 1/2″ of the ribbing (it’s difficult to knit ribbing while watching The Voice!). The foot was all done on two circulars but I’ve switched to double pointed needles for the leg. I’m simply more comfortable with dpns than with two circulars.
The heel came together very quickly and looks pretty good, if I do say so myself and I LOVE that there is no gusset, no stitches to pick up, no wraps, none of the usual sock stuff. I will admit, though, that I’m leery about starting the second sock until I can see how this one fits Ethan’s foot. It fits the cardboard form perfectly so I should be okay but I’m sure you’d agree, I don’t want to do all the work just to have to frog two finished socks (or give them away).
When this one is on his foot, I’ll be sure to take a picture. Then I’ll start the second sock.