Some of my favourite places on the world wide web:
- In Ev’s Kitchen (my cooking blog)
- It Only Takes a Stamp (my Postcrossing blog)
- Clicks ‘n Things (my photo blog)
- Clicks ‘n Things (the WordPress version of my photo blog)
- Blowing Through My Mind (my prose website… especially for releasing the inner author)
- Don’t Quote Me But… (a place to collect the quotes I come across that I don’t want to forget)
- Suds ‘n Things (my soap making blog – where I keep track of what I’ve made)
Some of my favourite places online:
- Knitty (an online, free, knitting magazine… did I mention it’s free? With a LOT of free patterns?)
- Ravelry (if you’re a member, find me there as MissChief… feel free to friend me!)
- Postcrossing (a world-wide postcard exchange and a lot of fun!)
Links to some techniques I use:
- Channel Island cast on – a decorative and hard-wearing edge that’s traditionally used in Ganseys
- Knitty’s Tubular cast on – the page has a few methods for casting on. Scroll down for the tubular cast on.
- Magic Cast on for Toe-up socks – I don’t knit my socks from the toe up, but this is a good cast on if you do. Not just for socks!
- Jeny’s Surprisingly Stretch Bind Off – self-explanatory, I’d say
- Heels By The Number – stitch counts and directions for a number of different heel types (my go-to heel is the Round Heel… aka the French Heel)
- Heels, Heels, Heels – pictures to go along with each of the heels in the above link, Heels By The Number
- Fish Lips Kiss Heel – a link to the Ravelry page for this ingenious method for knitting perfectly fitting heels (pattern costs $1)
- Rounded Toe – Tanya Murray’s method of knitting a toe-up, rounded toe (free)
- Knitting Help.com – Learn how to knit with free knitting videos
- TECHknitting – a wealth of knitting information
Looking for free patterns?
- Garnstudio/Drops – hundreds, dare I say thousands, of free patterns!
What about yarn?
- KnitPicks – yarn, needles, books, patterns… what else do you need? Hold on to your wallet!
- Elann – Another commercial site with free patterns