It didn’t take long at all. Once I got the sleeve stitches on the needles, it only took half an hour or so to reknit and cast off the cuff. After the first one was complete, John commented that I really didn’t have to do the second cuff; it was fine, after all. And, besides, who’d notice? Then he looked at me.
“Oh right,” he said, “you would.” That’s when he stopped talking silliness.
All in all, it took just over an hour to repair and reknit the cuffs. There’s a little bit of a pucker where I joined the new yarn; I anticipate that will even out after the next washing, which will be soon. John’s sweater should be good for another few years. He’s happy; I’m happy!
In other things, on Friday I took a few minutes of my lunch break to go over to the thrift store a few doors down from where I work. I’ve found a few things there over the years, as any of my regular readers will know. This time, I came home with two pieces of fabric.
Since I’ve been having so much fun making the zippy pouches and other quilty type things, I couldn’t resist these fabrics. They’re so colourful! And cute! The blue piece is about 1.4 metres (.70 m wide) and the orange one is just over half a metre… all for just under $5.00. Now, I just need to find the time to do more sewing!
Instead of sewing, I have been knitting. The Metalouse shawl saw some progress last night; I have about 24 rows (give or take) left to work. Today, I’m baking. There’s Sourdough Rye bread rising and up next is Boston Cream Pie. I’ve been craving that lately, for some reason. There will be pictures!